Thursday, October 30, 2008

To Whom It May Concern

Dear Seed and Chemical Companies,
Yes, we will need seed and chemicals at some point in the future.  At that time I will contact you via the phone or the internet or, here's a novel idea, though my local dealer.  So, in short, you can stop calling my house at all hours of the day and night.  Do you really catch many farmers inside the house in the middle of corn and soybean harvest around 10 am?  Not here.  Oh, and if you call at 8:30 pm and my husband has just arrived home, and jumped in the shower before he eats his supper because he was too dirty to even sit in his beloved recliner, I will tell you that he is unavailable.  And please, stop asking me to try to take a survey for him.  Dear lord, I don't have the foggiest idea what he sprayed where and when and why.  And, no, I wasn't out there helping him mix it because I don't have a little thing called a pesticide license.  Then there is the matter of the four boys yelling in the background so that I will have to keep saying, "What?"  The language barrier is a problem too.  Because all you people talk like the actors on Fargo, and it makes me giggle and then I can't remember what you just asked me.  
In summary, the next time you call I am going to put a five year old on the phone.  Unless you are giving away something for free.... then I am your girl!
Thank you and goodnight.

6 comments:

"B" said...

You make me laugh =]

Shannon said...

It is getting ridiculous with the companies calling ALL.DAY.LONG.

Amanda said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes wit the 5yo because you know they're going to call back. Although after that may be another story LOL.

Claremont First Ward said...

Some one must have tipped them off about the size of your spread! :)

Fantastagirl said...

LOL... that's too funny - let the little ones answer the phone.

Anonymous said...

Thought of you tonight, the segment was on Farmers in our state on UNCTV. :)