Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shots

Wanna hear something funny?  Just the other day I was sitting on the patio thinking about scheduling the buddies kindergarten physical to get it over with, and reminding myself that it would not be so bad because they already got all of their shots at the four year check-up.  Then I thought to myself how nice it was to be through with vaccinations for a while.  Guess what the ten year old brought home from school yesterday?  A note stating that all rising sixth graders need a booster for the Tdap vaccine, according to a new NC law.  Is someone reading my mind?  Bwahahahaha!  I told L what the note said, and he interrupted me.  "Mom, I KNOW.  They read it out-loud in class!  Let's just get it over with...okay?"  My sentiments exactly son.  Let's get to it as soon as possible, because at the rate I am forgetting things, I won't remember it a week from now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of shots...your Uncle Terry was the worst person I ever saw getting shots. We got all our shots at the old Health Dept. He would start crying as soon as we drove up to the building. Then he would refuse to go into the building and Mom would have to drag him, kicking and screaming, down the hall. He would be crying so loud that he never really knew the exact moment he got the shot! Then later, he was the one who had to get weekly asthma shots. I don't know if he gave them to himself or if Myra gave them to him. Ironic, huh?
Mom

"B" said...

You crack me up. Tell Levi I'm the same way- can't stand needles- ugh.