Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shadow, The Wonder Dog

Shadow's favorite chair.  If you sit here, expect some company.
His favorite place in the whole world....right beside of a kid with a snack.
Guard duty.  He sits here when we are inside.  Or if he is tired of us, lol.
Supervisor of all farm projects.  He is under the truck, you can't see him.
This post is for Shadow.  Our dog, confidant, and furry friend.  He used to be so darn hyper, but has turned into a really great, little dog.  He is the first small dog we had ever had.  He will sit beside of me outside while the buddies play and I read the paper, okay, while I do the Sudoku.  When he gets up and stares into the shed or the pasture, I know someone has wondered a little too far away from the play area for his comfort. A Gator ride isn't the same if Shadow isn't riding in the back, tongue hanging out, and head in the wind.  He just showed up here four years ago, after our last dog died.  L saw him outside of the kitchen doors and exclaimed, "I prayed and asked Jesus for a puppy and LOOK, ONE CAME!"  You know you have to keep him after your kid says something like that.

5 comments:

BE said...

How sweet. But L better not teach B about praying for puppies. That is last thing we need around here!

Shannon said...

I thought the same thing, because when he came, the buddies were babies. But he was a friend for the older boys to run around with for hours on end.

Heather's World said...

:-) Awww! Sometimes the ones who just "appear" are the best friends! We had a bassett hound for 10yrs. And she was the best dog we could have ever asked for. Until Hank that is... He is my protector.

"B" said...

Aw that is sweet- and I am glad he is not that same hyper puppie...lol I remember many a paw covered pair of jeans and shoes =)

Rockin' it up said...

I LOVE that pictures of W and Shadow--absolutely stunning! Yeah, the non-dog-lover in my is starting to subside, even though I try very hard to hold on to it. I love Sleepy, don't know what I will do if anything happens to him. I keep trying to tell myself he's just a dog, but we do love him to bits. :)