Friday, February 15, 2008

Running Around

The boys came home with their Valentine boxes overflowing with cards and treats.  L's teacher had the contest and everyone won something.  She had a category for every child in the class.  They voted on most original, tallest, shiniest, etc.  The school sent home a paper about the flu, and added a link to the website.  I guess it is getting worse.  My poor little niece almost missed a whole week of school when she had it.    Last night I dropped L off for basketball practice and then had to drive all the way to Locust to CVS (apparently Moose doesn't think people need anything after 5) for a knee support brace.  Left there, ran back home, gave the buddies a bath, and got back to the school to pick up L.  Just enough time for the mom beside of me to tell me she went to the ER for the flu three days ago.  Attention, Michael Jackson mask please..... or stay home.  Seriously!  Left practice to go fill up the car at Circle K, only to be told that my check card was denied.  Then I remembered that the husband had switched cards with me because his was new and needed to be activated at the bank ATM.  So I stop by the bank to be told "card denied".  Then I realized that when the husband lost his wallet he had suspended all of his plastic.  What to do, what to do.  Even in a small town, nobody takes checks anymore.  Thanks goodness I had a BP card.  I have never used it, so I wasn't sure if it would work.  I drive out to the only BP in town, blew the dust off of my card and hallelujah, it worked!  Upon arrival home I had some nice words for the husband, who then says.... "THAT'S why my Citgo card wouldn't work the other day!"  
F.Y.I.  The husbands' wallet was never lost, it was in the little white, shop pick-up the whole time.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Last week my daughter had the flu, (not stomach but cold) and they all had the damn flu shot..

she missed all week but one day, by friday she was well enough to trek to school..

thats nice the school had every kid win something..My sons grade only had like 5 cataragories 4 the whole 5th grade...

Im still not sure what he won, I need to ask him..

Rockin' it up said...

need a comma after little as well as white :). Dontcha just LOVE english. I got to take an entire class on grammar last night--it was so much fun :(. Our water pump blew up this morning so we have NO water--seriously--none right now. Until it gets fixed--and it's FRIDAY so I gotta get someone out here quick!

Shannon said...

Okay Mrs. Thang, the name of the truck just so happens to be "shop pick-up", so it needs no coma. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it...I finally got to your blog! I know, I know, so what...but you know how bad my computer skills are. I hope you are feeling better. Landon said you were sick. I called twice today to see how you were doing. I'm praying for a fast recovery and no more sickness at your house. Love, Mom