Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goings On

Not allot going on here.  It has been in the 60's for the past two days.  I thought I was going to die of heat stroke on Tuesday, before I could get home and put on a short sleeved shirt.  The warmness did give me enough time to mow and rake the back yard.  Still haven't tackled the front yet, but it is raining now so don't know when we will get that side.  The rain... you know, the rain that has been coming closer for days?  It FINALLY got here.  Anyone who knows us, knows that means we are going shopping today.  Now I can stop stressing about whether or not we will get the Santa stuff done.  
Oh, and last night..... it was so hot in the house we had to open the windows.  Yep, December 1oth, and the windows were open.  Because who can justify turning on the air conditioning in the winter time?  Although, Best Buy, I KNOW you had it on yesterday (wink wink).  Hope everyone got outside because a cold front is coming with the rain!  Yesterday the hubs was in charge of the shopping itinerary, and we only hit ONE store.  Today it is all me.  Baby buckle your seat beat because we are going from here to Concord, to Charlotte, and back.  Hang on for the ride!

5 comments:

raising4boys said...

I can't even imagine air conditioners in December. My heater is on right now!

Hope you got LOTS of shopping done. I just can't believe Christmas will be here in 2 weeks!! Shopping for four boys is a lot of work isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Online shopping . . . that's all I can say. haha And, I so know about the heat. This cold and not-so-cold weather has the heat at work all messed up . . . just dying of heat there! :)

Fantastagirl said...

oh wow... windows open, heat? It's been snowing, freezing rain, the kids haven't had school for 2 1/2 days, due to the roads being so bad.
Why do I live here and not there?

Rockin' it up said...

it was raining like crazy in bryson when we left and i think it still is--hopefully it won't flood, it does that sometimes because the river is so close.

it's freezing here, and wet of course. it gets dark at 5 pm and light at 8 am--perfect for going to bed early i guess :).
Dave and Mervyn are out trimming a tree (it's 8:45 here) and I think the top of it is going to be our Christmas tree.
Hope to talk to you soon! Do you guys have skype? If not you should go download it (skype.com) then we can talk through our webcam for free!
Love and miss you!

Shannon said...

Yeah we have it. I see if Landon can get it going.
So glad you guys are safe and sound. Yesterday we almost burned up it was SO HOT outside. I hope all the kids don't get snot from this weather toss up. The storms brought some tornado warnings for a few hours yesterday.