Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grandfather Mountain

This week-end, the boys had Monday off from school for a teacher workday.  We decided to take advantage of it and drive up to the mountains.  
After driving along the parkway for a while, we stopped at Grandfather Mountain.  
The buddies got a kick out of the bears just sitting like people and waiting on a snack to be thrown down.  Wyatt commented on how soft and fluffy he looked, and how he would like to jump down there and pet him.  I reminded him that ANYTHING that came down, be it bear pellets or little boys, was considered snack food to the bears.
Posing beside of the gift shop.  S wouldn't smile, so the hubs stepped in to save the day.
Was all this stuff here before, because I don't remember this museum.  G in front of a statue of Mildred the Bear.
We stayed in here for quite some time, trying to regain the feeling in our ears and extremities.
I didn't wear my toboggan because it makes my hair flat.  My ears were burning and ringing for about thirty minutes after we left the bridge.
The mile high swinging bridge.  Umm, yeah.  It was C.O.L.D. and windy people.  They are smiling because we promised to walk right back across and get into the car.  
More to follow, stay tuned.

7 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

It looks like such fun. I miss mountains. Fortunately, we're headed out west soon to see some family.

Tracy said...

Looks like a great time. It has been colf here too! 38 last night and it's only fall. I can't imagine what winter holds. ;o}

"B" said...

the pictures look great- glad y'all had fun even though it was so cold!

Shannon said...

Yeah, I don't function well when the temp is blow fifty.

BE said...

Looks like fun, Cold, but fun. I don't function well in cold either. All I can think about is getting warm again, lol.

Leigh N said...

i still wish you woulda called me! I coulda met you for the day or something--it's closer than home! Glad you guys had fun though.

Fantastagirl said...

Looks like an awesome time. love the bear pictures...something we never see around here.

I couldn't do the bridge, I would have gone about 5 steps, and froze - someone would have had to come and drag me off.