Thursday, September 4, 2008

Off To Preschool

Look at my two big boys!  Wow, there were days after they were born, that I didn't think we would ever get to this age.  It felt like all we did was feed, change, and bathe them.... and TRY to squeeze a shower in there somewhere for ourselves.   Not to mention cooking supper and doing the older boys homework.  But, yesterday, it was finally here.  PRESCHOOL!!!
G told me a few days ago, "Mama, tomorrow NEVER gets here.  You always say tomorrow, tomorrow, and when we get up, then NEXT day is tomorrow.  Is TODAY tomorrow day, or not?"  
So Tuesday night as I tucked them in, I said, "Tomorrow is Wednesday.  Preschool day."  When they got up S ran in the kitchen and asked," Is TODAY, tomorrow day?"  
"Yes." I replied, they just aren't getting the tomorrow concept yet.  "WOOHOO, G... it IS tomorrow day!  Get your backpack!" he screamed.

9 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Today is the tomorrow they've been waiting for!

They look like they are so ready to take on the world!

Shannon said...

I know!

farmersdaughter4ever said...

that is to cute about "tomorrow day" Emma is the same way, that idea of "tomorrow" is a little tricky for them! LOL. and she struggles w/ yesterday too, she sometimes calls it "yestermorrow"....the boys look way cute and ready to show preschool how things work!...hope they have a good day

BE said...

Too cute! I am sure they are having a blast!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

They are too stinking cute!

Glad their tomorrow day finally arrived.

Carolina Mama said...

They are so adorable1 You made it - I know - and you even got great pics!

Elizabeth said...

What cuties! Way to go, mama and daddy! You made it. Here's a (virtual) pat on the back for you!

Gretchen said...

They are adorable!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

That is a cute conversation about "tomorrow day"

I remember when my girls would ask silly questions like that. They still do, but they are starting to understand more and more about their world.

I try to write down their sayings so that i can look back and remember how cute the things they said were.