Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cards?

Yesterday, I tried to get a jump-start on the annual Christmas card photo.  Here we go.  First shot- can't see G's eyes and L looks like he is constipated.  L and S have a brief disagreement over the John Deere hat, which, technically is L's.  The hat makes S look like he has Uncle Terry's ears.  W doesn't want G to touch him.  Shadow will not look at the camera.
Second shot- I veto all hats.  G has what my mom calls the "send this kid to camp" look, and L and S have squinty eyes.  Shadow still refuses to look at the camera.  W voices his concern about too much weight on the back of the Gator.  I reply, "Hold your breath."
Third shot- S and G are doing something weird with their mouths and W appears to be choking Shadow.  Although, he is now pointed in the right direction.  There is major complaining about the sun in their eyes, L says he is getting a headache, and the others are hot.  At this point, I am wondering what the pros were to teaching them how to talk.
Fourth shot- S and G STILL have their mouths closed and L is doing a "startled eye" thing.  This was his response to me telling them they were all squinting.  Shadow is over it.
Stay tuned.... this could take a while.

9 comments:

Carey said...

funny! i started thinking about christmas cards yesterday too!

Rockin' it up said...

ah talking kids--it could be overrated. Cute pix!

p.s. Mom ended up staying in the raft this time, but she's sore from trying to climb the 55 ft. tower (she did make it to the top though)!

Shannon said...

Way to go Mom! You are my hero!!! (You too Daddy)

BE said...

I haven't even started thinking about Christmas cards. Ack! 3 kids are hard, I can only imagine 4 kids and a dog! Good luck getting that perfect shot!

Carolina Mama said...

THese are great pictures overall. I know what you mean and it must be a challenge with four! Love the movies pics below too. Cute!

raising4boys said...

UHG! What a challenge! I haven't even started thinking about that yet, but I will be there soon.

I like the last one that is closer up. I'm not a photographer but maybe you could try a different time of day. There are a lot of shadows in the picture and the boys are squinting.

Tracy said...

Cute pictures....it doesn't get any easier taking pictures of the kids as they get older. Mine are they same way....we just had some family pictures made and when one is smiling the other isn't. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

How about four individual shots and then glue them together? I never did picture Christmas cards. I'm a coward. Home birth, yes, a picture of all my kids for a Christmas card...too much trouble. And climbing the tower wasn't the scariest thing, the thing they hook you up to and then pull you up to the top of the tower and then you drop down...that was the scariest! But, a lot of fun!
Mom

Claremont First Ward said...

ssssssssuuuuuuuumart to start thinking ahead! :)