Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beat the Heat

What do you do when your state is breaking records for heat that have been set since the 1880's?  HIT THE POOL!  The big boys get home from school around 4, and Levi helped me make tin foil dinners.  We used some of the veggies we got the previous day from the Farmer's Market.  It was delish.  At 6, we were full and ready to swim.
The short ride to Great Grandmama's house was filled with the boys singing to Our Song, and  See You Again.  Yeah, they will be embarrassed by this shortly, lol.  
The water?  Oh, thanks for asking.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  Talk about refreshing.  I mean, I tried to sit in the shade earlier in the afternoon and had sweat dripping down my back. It was THAT HOT and stale.
Don't be fooled by the peacefulness of the pictures.  There was allot of splashing, and running around, and hollering.  But isn't that what boys do?
How about this?  We had to time this just so.  Because I haven't read the manual for my camera and can't set it for an action shot.  It took three tries to get this and not a splash.  
Stay cool!

Happy Birthday to my brother Shaun!!!!

4 comments:

FishMama said...

Thanks for stopping by lifeasmom.com and giving such great suggestions about birthday traditions!

Hope you'll come back this weekend for my Chocolate Party and Giveaway. I bet you've got something great to share.

Best,
FishMama

"B" said...

The pool pix are great! Can't wait to get back into that nice cool water again tonight!

Shannon said...

Yeah, sounds like allot of fun. The buddies are taking a great nap!!

Rockin' it up said...

I miss the pool! Aww well, next weekend! Cute pix!