Friday, May 2, 2008

Garden

This is how a farmer plants a garden.  He actually bought a small Ford garden tractor for this, but we haven't had any luck locating implements for it.
The buddies looking on, they spot me and try to get out of dodge.  And no, I don't know why there is a ladder going up to the roof.  The husband and Shaun were up there, but couldn't really explain why, lol.
Oh, yeah, back to the garden.  This is looking like more than the six rows of corn that we previously agreed upon.
The little people are hiding out in the sand box.  This is G planting a garden of his own.  Don't judge the articulating tractor by its looks, that thing actually held the fridge on it when we moved out of the little white house.
And here is S, his important job was to bring the seed to G with his trusty loader.

5 comments:

Rockin' it up said...

Cute cute cute! I love those boys. Dave and I just got a few tomato plants today, but that's probably as far as our "garden" will go since we don't really have room for one. Plus all our friends have gardens they can't actually consume all of, so we get hand-outs constantly throughout the summer :)

Shannon said...

We get handouts too! I LOVE coming home and finding a bag of fresh veggies on the doorstep.

BE said...

Love the pictures of the buddies planting their own garden. Too cute.
We don't get handouts here, we used to when we lived in Oakboro. :( Well, I guess we do if you count my mom, but we help her some, does that count.

Cliff said...

Hi Shannon,
1.I've been here 3 times in 3 days and have read almost everthing twice. Every time I went to comment something came up that needed my immediate attention. It's now 5:30 AM and it's been raining for 36 hours. I should have time now.
I really like your upbeat blog. I won't bother with people who complain a lot. Your family and farm is great. Our Grandkids are beginning to rule our lives and are about the age of your kids. You have a wonderful experience ahead. Let those memories sear into the brain. It can't get any better than that.
The garden planting looked familiar. I put in 10# of sweet corn 3 days ago. My wife runs a boarding a grooming kennel with a lot of customers and she gives a bag full of sweet corn to all of her customers when the corn is ready. (A great advertising ploy)
Back to the garden. The first thing I do each spring is till my daughters garden (also on this farm) and ours. I back in with a 36 foot field cultivator and make one pass back out. They know to keep the path clear if they want me to till the garden.
If it's okay with you I will put you on my blog roll and make mention of this blog.

Shannon said...

Yes, Cliff that is fine to add the blog and mention it. We also give out many ears of corn in August. We ride around in the gator and deliver it to all of our "neighbors" and family members in feed bags. That is why so many of them leave veggies for us, they are anticipating that sweet silver queen at the end of the summer.