Monday, April 28, 2008

Middle School

Tonight we go to the middle school orientation meeting for rising sixth graders and their parents.  Is it weird that I am anxious out of my mind, and L is quite calm and can't wait to start there?  I am seeing into the future with children.  We, as parents, agonize over decisions and simply would love for time to stand still, if for only a moment.  The child, however, is ready to go.  Ready to grow up, and can't seem to get there fast enough.  Where has the time gone?  I felt like last year I was signing him up for kindergarten, and here he is graduating from the fifth grade.  

2 comments:

Judy Eddy said...

Cheer up, you'll turn around again and you'll be gaining a daughter-in-law!!!!

Love,

Daddy

Foxy said...

thanks for stopping by! i see you got your hands full with 4 boys! i have 3 girls and done, lol. i feel the same way though, they grow up way too fast!