Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Well, if you guys have been wondering where we have been, we were outside.  Enjoying the balmy 74 degree weather we had today!  I had to resist the urge to get out the mower and putter around the yard, don't laugh.  This evening I went to my first exercise class at the Y.  I chose yoga, because it sounded relaxing.  Brandi meet me there, we put the buddies in the playhouse (aka childcare) and got to the class.  Upon arrival we realized that the class had already started and all of the spots in the back were taken.  Guess where we ended up putting our mats?  Yep, the front.  So we get into the position (indian style) and I start thinking.... what is so hard about this.  Then the teacher kicked it up a notch, to say the least.  We hung in there and did the best we could, and I actually started enjoying it.  At the end we lay on the floor, flat on our backs (something I normally can not do without pain) and I realize that my back is NOT hurting!  I'm impressed.  Hopefully this will help me strengthen my back muscles and give me a better posture.  
We'll see.  Next up, Wednesday morning boot-camp!

3 comments:

Rockin' it up said...

your spelling is as bad as mine--I tell ya! Do you mean Brandy our sister-n-law? Cause you spelled her name wrong.

I use to do Pilates and really like it too. My back felt amazing afterwards, but it was really hard. Hope you enjoy it and keep it up! Love u!

Shannon said...

No, I mean another Brandi that spells her name with an "i". Brandy with a y, is sick.

BE said...

Sounds like a good class. I wish we had a "Y" closer to us. I just can't bring ourselves to pay to drive over 30 minutes one way to go to one. I am hoping the "Family Gym" they are building in Stanfield is affordable. We might look into it.
LOL at Leigh! Sorry, that was just funny!
And thanks for offering to pick up the kids for me, but I am pretty much back to normal, yay!
- Brandy