Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Took the boys to the Y last night.  The buddies went to the playhouse, and the older ones were going to go to Fit-zone.  It is a room with kid sized equipment and activities.   Upon arrival we were told it was closed because the flu is spreading so badly around here.  So guess what they ended up doing?  Yep, taking my Yoga/Pilates class with me.  L did pretty well and W came around after crying for the first ten minutes silently on his mat.  The instructors husband is a doctor, and she told us that they picked the wrong strand of the flu this year.  The one going around is NOT the one the kids were vaccinated for back in the fall.  Great.  After class I took them into the kids workout room to try out the equipment.  I fell in love with the elliptical in there.  The things show you how many calories you are burning, and I was only burning 40.  I was basking in the glory of those forty calories being gone until W hopped on the one beside me and burned 70 in 7.8 seconds.  Ahhhhh, to be young again and have the weight evaporate off of the body, lol.  On the down side I have re-strained my right knee.  The one I hurt at the beach house last August just standing in the rough surf.  Yeah, you read that right.  Standing.  But, in my defense, it was extremely rough.  A storm was brewing, and something inside my knee snapped.  Needless to say it hurts like the dickens, but not as badly as the first time it happened.  Getting old is truly for the birds.  

1 comment:

Rockin' it up said...

i tried to do a long picture like yours and it didn't work--how'd you get that on there? P.S. my template is just from the regular Template part of your settings. I just got tired of the pink for awhile-maybe i'll go back later or something. Love you!