Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Supper Table

You know how all of the parenting books say sitting down to supper together and talking about our day is great?  I don't think they had this in mind.
L- Mrs. Barrier came to our class for encore today. 
(she is also their bus driver)
S- Where was Mrs. Duke?
L- I don't know....where ever all the teachers go for the meeting during encore.
S- Oh, what did you do with Mrs. Barrier?
L- She said... "Your teacher wants you to read this but you can do anything you want as long as you all are quiet.
S- That's funny.  What did you do?
L- Drew pictures at my desk like everyone else.
S- That's all?
L- Yep, until she quietly asked me to open the door.
S- Oh?
L- Yeah.  She whispered, "Go open the door I smell something funny."
W- Hey, I bet one of those fifth grade boys ripped a big one!
L- It smelled pretty bad.
W- Speaking of ripping one, someone let one over here.  Buddy.......
B- It wasn't me!
W- It smells horrible over here, I think he did something in his underwear!
B- Nope W, you can look in my underwear, it is CLEAN. 
(with that he stands up in his chair and pulls out his waistband for all to see his innocence)

I don't know how this went so wrong so fast!

7 comments:

Rockin' it up said...

that is hilarious! Hey--at least you found out what happened at school that day! Teachers just LOVE substitutes that do absolutely nothing so that their class is behind when they get back! :)

BE said...

That is so funny! I think any conversation can turn to bad body smells or functions if boys are included. :) We have had that happen here too. -Brandy

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Glad I missed that smell though, I always remember right as y'all would leave to let me babysit both the buddies would have terrible diapers- can't say I miss the smelly changes =)

-"B"

"B" said...

wanted to let you know I finally created a blog! so drop by and see it any time lol.

-B

Cliff said...

Thanks for the visit and the kind words. Nice blog here, do you farm?. It would appear so. I shall return when I have a bit more time to read.

Cliff said...

BTW ripping one off will only remain funny to the boys for the next 50 years. Then they will kind of be over it.

Heather's World said...

I love it! Kids are so funny!