Monday, February 25, 2008

George Washington

W has to do an oral report on a famous person in American History.  He chose George Washington.  They are working on the report in class, but the teacher sent home a note stating that they had to dress up like their person on the day of the report.  The note said to "use what you had", and "don't buy anything".  Yeah......all of my George Washington era clothes are dirty.  I'm kidding people, we had NOTHING for the boy to wear.  I found a really, cool coat for him at the Salvation Army today.  It is an early nineties style jacket, with the military buttons and an eagle insignia on the sleeve.  Then, we traveled on to Hobby Lobby for some white yarn, and pirate hat.  I also purchased some foam blocks to wrap the yarn in to look like Washington's signature curls.  We are going to cover the skull on the pirate hat with an anchor, and fasten yarn curls inside of it.  He also has built the White House out of some wooden, tumbling tower blocks, and we hot glued those to a board yesterday.  The kid definitely has some skills when it comes to building and drawing.  Must have gotten that from his father. :) Hopefully, this whole thing comes out the way I have it pictured in my head. Cross your fingers!   

7 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a little sun at my blog! I'm off to read a little...

Rockin' it up said...

you better take pictures of Wyatt all dressed up! I can't wait to see them! p.s.--i miss you guys loads. I haven't seen you since CHRISTMAS! I'm thinking of taking a trip down for a few days during spring break next week though (but shhh, I haven't said anything to mom and she'll stress if I don't mention it first!)

love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

mht

Anonymous said...

mht

"B" said...

Oh wow I can't get over how creative you are with the school projects! Good job! lol
-love you

P.S. leigh if you didn't want mom to know, writing it down and posting it on a public blog read by out entire family probly wasn't the best way to keep it a secret- but hey who am I to say lol

BE said...

Yeah, I love the famous line- Dres up like .... but don't go buy anything, use what you have already. And of course you never have anything that you can use. You'll have to share pictures, I'm sure it turned out great!