Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Almost Over

The end of school means EOG's and field trips, and themed days, and field day. Last week the buddies went to The Circle K Arena to see some bull riding and horse racing (first and last time there.....not for me, lol), then we made our way over to Pless Dairy Farm and ended it out at Camp Spencer for a picnic and some playground time. All in all it was a fun trip, although the buddies already knew practically everything they were taught during the day. When one of the Pless guys asked the kids what cows eat, S looked over at me like DUH. It was so funny. Today we went on day one of a walking field trip of Mount Pleasant. We walked from the school to the Miller Lumber Company, the Town Hall, the Food Ministry, the dentist office, the library and the doctors office. Wow, I really appreciate the boys teachers, because some of those kids are a handful. Let me tell you, I felt like I needed some medication just to handle them. At one point, I just started holding one kids hand, just to get him to listen. Mrs. Bell walked up and thanked me. It was allot of walking, and I didn't hear anyone complain. Even when it started raining. Tomorrow we go to the Fire Department, Post Office, bank, Moose Drug, lunch at one of the restaurants (our group didn't get What-a-burger), and then ice cream. They are calling for more rain. I may take my umbrella. Definitely a sweatshirt.

5 comments:

BE said...

Sounds like some neat field trips. We don't do too much. G went today to meet his pen pal that he wrote to this year and they both had 9 week reward trips to the park across the road. B had field day yesterday. Not sure if they will do anything after EOG's or not.

Shannon said...

It was neat. I think they are trying to keep the building quiet by getting out the younger grades during testing.

BE said...

Are they testing this week? We don't test until next week 18,19 & 20.

Rockin' it up said...

That is such a neat idea! I love that they are getting to know what the businesses in their own town are for and what they do! Really cool! And cheap! :)

Shannon said...

Yes the EOG's are in full swing. They started Tuesday and end Friday. The older grades have to take a Science one now. That will be Friday. Seems the state finally realized Science was as important as Math and ELA.

Leigh I agree it was really fun and cheap, as well as easy. Kids had a ball. Didn't need the umbrella or the sweatshirt today.