Friday, July 3, 2009

Zumba

Normally this would be a farm friday, but it hasn't rained in FOREVER, so not allot is going on right now. Crystal has started taking Zumba classes and encouraged me to try it out. Last night we rode out to a fire station, past the Afton Ridge area, and took the class from the Queen City Dancing Queens. First off, the ladies are all very nice and welcoming. The teacher even sent me an e-mail this morning thanking me for coming. I was worried about everyone watching me and thinking "white girl can't dance", but there were all levels in the class. There were even some older ladies in there with us getting their groove on. I will be going back when we return from vacation, and will be practicing my booty shake in the mirror nightly. Who knew that was SO HARD to do? Instead of yelling out the moves the teacher points and uses hand signals. There was another teacher amongst us, shouting out encouraging phrases and telling everyone to sing to burn more calories. Who wouldn't want to workout to the Black Eyed Peas 'Boom Boom Pow'? My thighs are tight and my upper back is sore, but other than that I feel pretty good. Now.... off to practice that booty shake. I'm going to get that if it kills me. ;)

9 comments:

CrystalW said...

I am glad that you could get out of bed today. I think I am getting used to it because I am not as sore this morning as I usually am. I am glad you are wanting to come back.

Shannon said...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I could do it two days in a row yet, lol. Going up and down the stairs packing the suitcases is KILLING my thighs.

Anonymous said...

I hear Iowa is lovely this time of year*grin*...and they even have cows by the motel....

GO and have a great vacation..Glad to hear things are finally settling down.--loran

Nancy M. said...

Gosh, I wish I still lived up there. Maybe I could go with y'all and lose some weight, lol!

Rockin' it up said...

sounds SO awesome!!! I wonder if there's one around here?

"B" said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

What are Zumba lessons? Can't wait to see that "booty" shake thing.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It's called zumba? I haven't heard of it. Man, I need something like this bad!! :)

Cliff said...

I am assuming you are vacationing and having a blast. I hope so. Keep on shakin.