Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Outside

What do you guys do with your longer evenings? My boys and I have found quite a bit of time on our hands over here. Levi and Wyatt haven't had any homework in about a month, and it has been SO nice. When they get home they get a snack and relax, and then we all go for a walk to Grandpa's house and back. I have started running the last little bit, and plan to make that longer each week. I never dreamed of being able to run again with my hurt knee. But doing it gradually has, so far, been successful. This week I am running from Landon's pasture entrance on the street, to the office. The buddies crawl under the fence right there, and go home through the pasture, so I can run and not worry about them. Then we cook supper, clean the kitchen, and go back outside for dirt bike riding. I sit in the Gator in the shade, and Levi and Wyatt take turns riding on a trail that they made with the lawnmower. Wyatt is building up his confidence on it again. He hasn't really ridden since his accident last fall. Levi, on the other hand, is obsessed with "getting air". The buddies chase each other around in the tall grass with sticks, pretending to hide from the cows and the dirt bike riders. It is so funny to watch them. In these evenings, we have become reacquainted with the cows and try to guess who is going to calf next. Some of them have names, Number 6, Mohawk, Big Black, Crazy Woman, Ole Red, Dalmation Mama, etc. We are having a newborn about every two days now. This evening we will be hitting my grandmothers pool. Good time for it, since we are already under an air quality advisory today. Pics tomorrow.

7 comments:

CrystalW said...

WOW...you are running! I am waaaay behind. When we walked last week, the hills almost killed me. Let me know when you are walking again this week and I will come. I love the cow names! The pool sounds like fun. Autumn is going to the Intimidators game today to sit in the sun and heat! I made sure she took sun screen.

Shannon said...

Oh crap, I was supposed to put sunscreen on Wyatt before school today. The teachers aren't allowed to do that anymore. They are having field day today.

BE said...

"What do you guys do with your longer evenings?" We go to the ballfield. Oh, wait we did that before the longer evenings, lol. Last week of games and then we can relax. Our kids have to be in bed by 7:30-8:00 on school nights, so we can't really do too much until school is out. Sounds like ya'll have a lot of fun though.

Shannon said...

I have been letting the boys stay up until 9:30. They still get 8 hours of sleep in and get up at 6:30.

Elizabeth said...

We play outside in the street A LOT. We live on a cul-de-sac and there are 13 kids who come out to play regularly after school is out. Summer is hectic on our street!

Nancy M. said...

It's great that you are able to run again! That pool sounds nice! We work in the garden and watch the chickens.

Rockin' it up said...

sounds like you're enjoying it! Sounds like fun to me too! Can't wait for the beach!!!