Hot Chocolate, but I would prefer coffee.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Sit them in different areas for each boy.
3. Colored lights or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I would if I had some.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The Thanksgiving weekend.
6. Favorite holiday dish?
My moms broccoli rice casserole. But like most other Southern families, the Thanksgiving meal and the Christmas meal are the same. All of it is delish!
7. Favorite memory as a child?
My dad jingling bells outside of our windows for Santa's Sleigh.
8. When/how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think if you go to public school you pretty much knew by the sixth grade.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, the new P.J.'s for all of the boys.
10. How do you decorate the tree?
Every year each of the boys receives a new ornament from my Grandmother, and another one from us. I write their name and the date on the backs of each one. The rest of the ornaments are handmade either by the boys, my Mamaw, or me.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Love it for skiing. Don't love it here. One day a year is okay.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I haven't done it in years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
It is not my favorite gift, but it was the funniest. Santa came to my Grandmama's house and gave out presents. He gave me a black baby doll. My uncle Gary was all... umm, Santa, I think you made a mistake. You might want to take another look in that red bag of yours. We were all laughing. I was around 7 and still remember it vividly.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Spending time with my family.
15. Favorite holiday dessert?
My mother in law makes a delicious sweet potato crisp thing that is mouth watering.
16. Favorite Christmas Tradition?
Christmas Eve candlelight service at Grandmama's church.
17. What tops your tree?
A homemade angel.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. Favorite Christmas song?
Traditional- Silent Night.
Non-traditional- The Hanukah song by Adam Sandler.
20. Candy canes. Yum or yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
The commodity market to go back up, crossing my fingers for 10 dollar beans, 7 dollar corn, and 6 dollar wheat.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Do all the school parties count? :)
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear P.J.'s?
We are at my Grandmother's house. When we were little everyone dressed up. Now we are more laid back.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
We cook breakfast for the hubs dad and little brother. Then we go to my moms for supper. But this year everyone is coming over here.
Thanks Carolina Mama for tagging me, this was allot of fun! In turn I am tagging the following people: Leigh, Bethany, Brandy, Carey, Heather, and Beth.